Blind Alive Now Has The Coolest Back pack for Blind and visually Impaired!
I am excited to be able to make this wonderful pack available to you! A complete audio/video guide for adjusting the BackTpack© is here. You can listen to description of the BackTpack on our YouTube channel.
The price is $120 plus $15 shipping. It is worth every penny and you are saving your back.
New! Express your own personal style by purchasing BackTPack© in either Black/Khaki, Pewter/Mimosa, or Violet/Mango.
This is it! I found it the perfect backpack for the blind community.
I have been searching for a pack that enables me to reach all my stuff without taking it off and putting it back on again. I thought I was going to have to design it myself. Then, I noticed a post on LinkedIn last year about a new ergonomically correct back pack that actually improves posture and feels comfortable and secure. I tracked down the designer, Marilyn Miller von Foerster, and promptly ordered two for myself. I wanted to fully explore the different models before I could recommend them.
These packs are at the top of my favorite things list. The features are:
- Everything is reachable while wearing the BackTpack©: computer, phone, water bottle, dog necessary bags, and all other essentials.
- You can sit down while wearing it, so there’s no more wrestling with an unwieldy bag on public transportation and in crowded meetings.
- There are plenty of pockets for organizing
- You can carry water bags instead of water bottles and there are holes for straws, earphones, or oxygen tank hoses.
- The weight is not directly on your back, but is distributed on both sides, which makes the pack safer for the health of your spine to carry when fully loaded.
- It folds up and can be carried like a briefcase
- It improves balance. You don’t feel like you will fall over when it is fully loaded.
- Add weights of your choice to use the pack as a weighted vest for your workouts.