On the first of two short BookIt segments, she reviews the book Back in Control: a Surgeon's Roadmap Out of Chronic Pain
by David Hanscom M.D. It is available in Kindle and other electronic formats.
Then, in Let’s Eat, Peggy and Wayne are using the Instant Pot to prepare Sausage Kale Soup. Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound chopped sausage (kielbasa or sweet Italian)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 carrots, diced
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cup chopped kale
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Saute chopped sausage in the Instant Pot. Let the sausage cook for as long as it takes you to chop 1 onion and dice 3-4 carrots (stirring once or twice). Stir in the onions and carrots. Saute 3-4 minutes more.
- Stir in 1 cup uncooked brown rice, 2 C chopped kale, and 4 C chicken broth. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and uncover. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp flour and 1/2 C heavy cream. Pour the cream mixture into the soup, stir to mix, and return the Instant Pot to sauté. Let the soup cook for about 5 more minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Salt to taste and serve immediately.
Lisa concludes the podcast with a look at another book: The One-Minute Workout: Science Shows a Way to Get Fit That's Smarter, Faster, Shorter by Martin Gibala. It is available on Bookshare, and in a number of readily purchased audio and text formats.
We welcome your feedback or questions! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and our BlindAlive Community on Facebook.
Be the first to know of new and exclusive promotions by Subscribing to our Newsletter.
For more information on Eyes-Free Fitness® Workouts go to www.BlindAlive.com